How To Create a Blog for Free
Do you have something awesome to say
Or maybe you just want to install your first WordPress blog so that you can blog about something that you’re extremely passionate about-
BUT hate all that work involved in creating one and making sure that it not only looks great but more importantly- works
Yes, there is a fair amount of work involved if you’ve never set up a blog or site before. It could even get confusing or even tedious when you go about setting up your very first blog. Writing a blog is fun, but the work involved in setting one up sure isn’t.
But don’t worry, we’ve got that covered as well. All we ask now is that you’ll take a moment to read the entire page so that you’ll be able to make a more informed decision about the matter of creating your own blog.
We’ve learned a thing or two about creating WordPress blogs (which is the best platform to create your blog by the way) and we want to share it with you.
Also- If you let us
We will install the best and important plugins, (even those that can help you showcase your pictures or images in a beautiful slide show gallery…) the best SEO friendly theme (or design) and others so that your blog will be ahead of the crowd.
We’ll even explain and show you at the end of the day how to
Why set up a blog all by your lonely self when you can let us create your very first blog for FREE- while you leave all that “headache” involved in creating an awesome blog to us? It doesn’t matter what type of blog or WordPress website that you want- it can be a personal blog, a blog for your kids, a business blog or even a blog for your passion- we’ll create that blog for you.
All you have to do now is to sit back with a cup of coffee (and watch HBO if you want) while we do all the hard work for you.
If that’s not the
EVERY website or blog needs hosting but don’t worry if you don’t know what that is. Not sure what HOSTING is and why you need it? Click here to read more..
Web hosting is an internet service that lets organizations and individuals alike to make available their websites or blogs to be viewed via the World Wide Web. Hosting companies provide a physical location for storing files, web pages and data.
Hosting companies leases or sells virtual space on a server for this purpose. Web hosting and its’ scope varies depending on the requirements of the organization or person leasing space on the server. The most basic is smaller scale file hosting where files can be transferred or uploaded via FTP or File transfer protocol with minimum processing. Hosting companies offer a control panel interface for the management of files, installation of scripts and other applications such as email for their users.
Note: Prices may vary slightly from the above. We HIGHLY recommend using Hostgator because we use their services for most of our blogs. Their service is impeccable and again- we cannot stress this enough. You want a hosting company that has superior after sales SUPPORT for when you need it the most.
The only thing that we ask is that you get hosting from our link (hosting is very affordable today) to set up your very first blog that we will create FREE for you.
We work only with the best hosting companies (which we host our own network of blogs on) because reliability is crucial to the success of your blog. You want
Also- their services are inexpensive while both hosting companies that we recommend are also award winning organizations renowned for their after sales support which again we must stress- is what it’s all about. You don’t want a hosting company that will never respond to your requests for support when you need it the most.
If you do not want to pay hosting for your own blog or site,( a server that puts your blog online) then there are sites such as Blogger.com or Web 2.0 sites like Squidoo and others which you can blog on without investing in hosting for your site.
- It’s completely free, you do not have to pay hosting fees to get your site or blog up online.
- Your blog or site will not have a unique web address or URL or domain. You’ll have to settle for a web address that starts with the name of the free blogging site which you are using: for example if you set up a page on Squidoo, your website address (or URL) will be: www.squidoo.com/yourblogname This does not give your blog a very professional appearance- especially if you want to set yourself apart from the rest or build a brand around your blog for many years to come.
- A unique website address counts if the above are your goals. (you will not have your own unique web address or URL using free hosting platforms) It also BUILDS trust and rapport with your visitors. This is important- a unique web site or blog address also counts if you plan to do SEO (search engine optimization) which will require for you to have a website address that matches the unique niche of your blog. Matching web addresses that go with your blog niche are called Exact Match Domains.
- Having a unique web address and an exact match domain is crucial for top rankings in search engines such as Google. (Please let us know if you want to know more about SEO and we will point you in the right direction..)
- You cannot apply for a Google Adsense account (an advertisement incentive that is paid out by Google to you when someone clicks on the ads from Google that are placed on your site or blog) If your blog gets insane amounts of traffic from search engines, you’ll lose out because you will not be able to make any money at all. Most free blogging platform sites incorporate Google adsense and they make all the money when your visitors click on the ads on your blog. Not you.
- You have no or little control over how you want your site or blog to look.
- You may not be able to install softwares or plugins that help you better manage your blog. traffic or even content. You may not be able to install certain scripts that you may wish to do so at a later point in time.
- You’ll have little or no control over SEO or Search Engine Optimization for your blog if your goal is to get ranked high for free organic traffic that comes from search engines. And nothing is sweeter than free insane amounts of traffic to your blog! Right? Who wants a blog that no one will ever see? (Of course, even if you do host your own blog, you’ll need to educate yourself about SEO to achieve the rankings that you want..there are inexpensive courses that can help you achieve that goal.)
- You may not be able to install some pretty cool plugins that allow you to make cool images and pretty buttons (such as some of the buttons or images that you see on this blog) or text and etc..etc that are important to keep your visitors interested so that they come back or even to sell a product that you may have made.
We thought that this was important to mention so that you’ll be able to make a better decision about setting up your first blog.
This was an old friend of mine. She had been lecturing in a local college and had written a book that she wanted to sell. To cut to the chase, it’s a great book that she wrote that will help folks who want to get a doctorate without all the fuss, frills and even hair tearing.
As it is, she created a blog on a free blogging platform and spent the good part of her day figuring how to insert images, get the size of the fonts right etc.. etc.
Then she emailed me her blog address and I checked it out. Everything looked pretty good with one exception. Her goals were to sell her product. In this case, it’s her book.
If you use a shared domain (or web address of the free blogging platform)- do you think you’d be able to build a successful business around that? You want your own web address. You want to brand your product. You want people to take your product seriously. You want to do it right from the get go.
Look- You’re just not going to be able to do that without your own URL and hosting. Would you buy anything from someone using www.blogspot/ihaveagreatproductforyou.com?
Plus- Her blog page wasn’t optimized for SEO- and since her goals were to get organic traffic from major search engines- there wasn’t any way she would be able to do that. Not without having the correct title in place, the meta tags and keywords (the search phrase of your product, niche that will bring the visitor to you) right at where it should be.
Sound complicated? Not really. Not if you know what to do. Not if you learn how to do it.
You could do it on your own and install that SEO plugin on your blog using a free blogging platform such as blogspot.com: But- some plugins are not available for certain free blogging platforms and you should know that. Let us install that plugin for you (using the WordPress platform) so that your blogs are always optimized for the best results.
Note: Using a SEO plugin does not guarantee you high rankings. You’ll need to learn SEO if ranking high in search engines is what your goals are. Plugins just make life easier so that you don’t need html or css coding knowledge to make a cool blog.
Ready to host your own blog and start getting the word out about your passion or start a business? Just read on and we’ll show you how easy it that will be and also- for you to get us to create your blog for FREE.
READY TO SEE YOUR VERY FIRST BLOG? CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED..
- We will install and set up your WordPress database for you. (the most widely used blogging platform in the world for a simple reason: It’s the best)
- We will install important plugins for your blog so that it’s fully optimized and ahead of the crowd. Plugins will include SEO plugins, site security, site downloading and cache plugin for speed, creating icons, graphics & writing plugins, spam comments plugin, anti blog spammer plugin, backup database plugin, sitemap plugin (for SEO), html sitemap plugin, page insert plugin (for creating pages such as terms & conditions) and other pages plus- others too many to list
- We will configure your settings for your title tag and description (SEO)
- We will configure your permalinks to make it SEO friendly (we configure the url of your posts to follow the title of your posts for SEO reasons)
- We will create your first post (with your content that you provide to us) and insert images
- We will install premier themes for your blog or website which will look great.
- Training so that you’ll become an expert in no time with setting up WordPress blogs or sites. This will help you manage your blogs like an expert even if you know nothing about HTML.
- Creating your blog is simple! It only takes two steps.
- We may need 24-48 hours (sometimes faster depending on our workload) to get your WordPress blog up and running beautifully.
- Please see the FAQ page for commonly asked questions before sending us a support ticket for your question- we would probably have your answers there but if you don’t see an answer, please go ahead and contact us at support. We appreciate you!
- For support after we create your blog for you, please go to the Support Center and send us a ticket and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Have you read the FAQ page yet?
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=Iw_V4Xsp7so width=800 height=480 anchor="Need help getting a Hostgator account? Click here to watch video tutorial."]
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=U-UAylxTbsk width=800 height=480 anchor="Need help getting a Bluehost account? Click here to watch video tutorial."]
Please read the FAQ page to understand our services.
You must have your own DOMAIN or WEB ADDRESS (the name for your blog or site: for example ilovetoeathotdogs.com- if you’re setting up a blog about eating hotdogs..) before you get your hosting account set up. If you do not have one yet, please click the banner below or go to another Domain registrar of your choice to get a domain name. You can also get a domain from Hostgator through our link above.
For hosting: We highly recommend Hostgator because of their great after sales SUPPORT. To let us create your blog at no charge and free, please select one of the hosting companies above.
Please fill in this simple form once you have selected your hosting company from the links above ( Step One Action Box). Please make sure that your information is CORRECT to help us process your request to set up your FREE Blog efficiently.
Once you fill up the form, we will contact you in one to three business days (depending on our workload once more) to finalize the setting up of your blog.
You must have a domain or web site address ( a .COM or .NET or .ORG or any DOT extension) to proceed. Please see Step One to get a domain name for your website if you haven’t already. Thanks!
Have you chosen your premium FREE WordPress theme yet?
Once you have completed Steps One and Two, please sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee (if that’s your thing) and we will contact you as soon as we can! We know you will enjoy our service, so sit back and relax!
Extremely important: Please check your spam folders if you do not receive our email. Please allow 2-3 working days or business days for us to respond to your request. This depends on our workload, we usually respond in one business day whenever possible.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries: